Spire Counselling is run by Matthew Tevlin MBACP (accred).
I completed my training as a therapist in the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow. I currently work in private practice having previously worked in a variety of settings including charities, schools and the NHS.
My theoretical approach is primarily Humanistic, though I may use other approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) where I feel it is appropriate based on my client's needs.
I place a big emphasis on providing a safe and non-judgemental space in which my clients can work on any issues they might have at their own pace.
Through building a warm relationship based on empathy, support and acceptance, I aim to facilitate my clients in developing new insights and understandings about themselves, while providing continuing support as they make the changes they desire in their lives.
I am actively engaged in further developing my practice by attending regular supervision and attending workshops and seminars towards continued professional development.
- MA in Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Post-Graduate Dip in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BA (Hons) in Psychology
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (Fully Accredited Member)